The communities we serve and our peers in the blood banking industry honored LifeSouth and our amazing staff.
- FABB Hospital Partnership Award, Oak Hill Hospital
- FABB Hospital Donor Group Achievement Award, UF Health Shands Hospital
- FABB High School (Small), Crescent City High School
- FABB High School (Medium), Interlachen High School
- University of Florida Physician Dr. John Wingard, one of the pioneers of LifeCord, was honored by FABB as Hospital Medical Professional Advocate of the Year.
- The Florida Association of Blood Banks (FABB) awarded Marion Donor Services Specialist Emilie Williams the Donor Services/Phlebotomy Staff of the Year Award.
- Blood drive partner Florida Division of Corrections Region Two was honored by FABB with a Donor Group Achievement Award and by America’s Blood Centers with the Most Creative Blood Drive Award for its annual Corrections Cup competition.
- Board Vice Chair Reeves Byrd was honored by FABB as Board Member/Trustee/Member of the Year.
- President/CEO Nancy Eckert was honored by Gainesville radio station WKTK with an Inspire Award, which honored “21 women of Inspiration.” She also received the Dorothy M. Hansen Award from FABB.
- LifeSouth and the Five Points of Life Foundation were honored by the Community Foundation of North Central Florida with the Non-Profit Recognition Award.
- Crescent City High School and Palatka High School earned State Champion honors from FABB for their blood drive participation.
- Citrus County Recruiter Pam Egnot was selected Recruiter of the Year by the Association of Donor Recruitment Professionals (ADRP).
- LifeSouth’s Civitan regional hub was honored by the Gainesville City Beautification Board for its extensive renovation.
The Florida Association of Blood Banks Awards:
- Hospital partner UF Health Shands Hospital was awarded the Hospital Partnership Service Award. From recruiting donors to supporting community events, Shands embodies the values of a true partnership.
- High school partner Crescent City High School was awarded the High School Achievement Award for highest percentage and most donations for a small-sized school.
- High school partner Palatka High School was awarded the High School Achievement Award for highest percentage and most donations for a mid-sized school.
- LifeSouth’s Software Development Team was awarded the Innovation Award for their revolutionary software program called IBBIS (Integrated Blood Bank Information System). The program tracks each step of the blood donation process including registration, testing, labeling, shipping and delivery of the unit to the hospital
Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce Award:
- LifeSouth was honored as the Best Non-Profit of the Year. LifeSouth’s economic investment in the community and unparalleled innovation were applauded by chamber members.