LifeSouth Community Foundation Scholarship Award
The LifeSouth Community Foundation is proud to award $500 scholarships to graduating senior students through an application process. Students who help coordinate and promote at least one successful LifeSouth blood drive between August 1 and April 30 of their senior year are eligible to apply.
- Student applicants will help recruit donors and coordinate at least one blood drive during the school year. It may be a drive on the school campus or a community-based drive.
- Students must be in their senior year of high school at an accredited state educational facility and graduate on time at the end of their senior year.
- Students will work with their school administration and LifeSouth to organize and promote the blood drive(s).
- Students are encouraged to use their leadership skills and creative means to publicize the need for blood donations.
- Students must utilize the scholarship to continue their education starting in the fall semester following graduation at an accredited two-year, four-year or professional trade school. Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the educational institution that the student designates.
- Applications are accepted throughout the school year until April 30.
- Apply here
- Contact Brite Whitaker at email@example.com with any questions.
Host a School Blood Drive
LifeSouth is your community blood center, providing blood to our community hospitals. We are local, which means the blood collected here stays here to help local patients.
By hosting a blood drive with LifeSouth, teachers, staff and students make a direct impact by helping save lives, and students learn the importance of civic responsibility and community giving.
I am the Donation Generation
LifeSouth’s I am the Donation Generation program educates school-aged children on the science behind donation through hands-on interactive elements as well as the social responsibility of donation.
The curriculum is straightforward, easy to teach in one class period and works with state standards.
Contact Brite Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Community Service Hours
LifeSouth appreciates students’ time and commitment to helping the community blood supply. We grant community service hours for time volunteered helping organize and recruiting at the blood drive.
High School Honor Cord Program
Students who donate four or more times with LifeSouth during their high school career are recognized with an honor cord to wear during graduation ceremonies.